July 2 Update: Summer season is definitely off; but stay tuned for future developments
JULY 2, 2020 — ELASC Players, Friends and Families:
UPDATE — May 2, 2020: ELASC Players, Friends and Families: We hope you and your families are continuing to do well. Like so much else right now, things remain uncertain about how and whether we’ll be able to play this summer, but we hope to know for sure — or, at least, more than we know now — at some point in the next couple of weeks. Many things are still up in the air, including the impact and extent of any stay-at-home orders, public health guidelines for sports activities, field availability, and, most importantly, whether we can practice and play in a safe way for all youth and adult participants. We expect the Mason League (where our U8, U10, and U12 teams would play) to make a decision by May 15 about whether they’ll be playing this summer; if they do, their current plan is that the season would start after July 4 and continue into August. We’re still waiting to hear from the Delhi League, where our U14 team would play. If the Delhi League elects to play, the season dates will probably be similar.
At the moment, we do need to have an accurate sense of how many girls might be playing this summer, so we can let the Mason and Delhi Leagues know how many teams we might have, and at which levels.
If you’re interested in potentially playing this summer, please let us know about that interest by completing the online registration form by May 15. If you’ve already registered, thank you!
- Register online here .
DO NOT send in any payment at this time. When we have more details on whether and when the season will begin, and when we need to close registration, we will provide updates on our website (elasc.com), here on Facebook, and via email. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com. Stay well, everyone!
April 3 Update
We hope that everyone is staying healthy in these stressful and uncertain circumstances. We are hopeful that we will still be able to play in some form this season, but, of course, that’s still up in the air, as are so many other things these days.
- At the moment, registration will remain open INDEFINITELY.
- Please register so that we have some indication of how many girls are considering playing this summer.
- Register online here .
- DO NOT send in any payment at this time. Payment and a signed copy of the waiver should be sent separately by mail after a restart date is announced.
Update for 2020 Season — COVID-19 information
In answer to questions many people have about the impact of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) on our ELASC 2020 season:
- As of now (March 24), we are proceeding on the assumption there will be some kind of ELASC activities this year. Michigan schools were scheduled to re-open on April 6, but Monday’s order by Governor Whitmer has pushed that date to April 13; obviously the situation is highly subject to change. We will only resume activities after public health officials have approved group events in numbers adequate to conduct practices and games.
- As a result, we DO want to continue online registrations during our unexpected “vacation period.” We realize every family has many other things demanding their attention, but early registration will be very helpful in the case activities resume. Early registration will help speed that process and hopefully reduce some of the “stampede” confusion which may occur when (hopefully) activities reopen.
- At this time, we ask that parents DO NOT send payment checks. We will notify you immediately if we are able to resume activities and fees will be needed. Any checks we have already received will be returned uncashed.
- It is also possible that a partial or reduced season may be played, depending on the date we would be able to resume activities. In such a case fees would be reduced based on lower expenses involved in partial seasons or changes in uniform ordering. Final decisions on whether league seasons will be canceled in whole or in part probably will not be made until definite restart dates are set by area school districts. Again we will advise you as soon as any information is available.
Play Ball!! Registration IS OPEN for the 2020 Softball Season!!
The East Lansing Amateur Softball Club (ELASC) invites you to register your daughter(s) and encourage your friends and neighbors to sign their daughters up to play girls softball.
We offer teams at the U8, U10, U12, and U14 levels. Practices begin in early May. Games start in early June and go through mid-July; although schedule changes are possible. Experienced players and beginners are welcome.
Register online here . Payment and a signed copy of the waiver should be sent separately by mail after a restart date is announced. At that time, please mail a signed copy of the waiver and payment to:
P.O. Box 1093
East Lansing, MI 48823
If you have any questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are some teams from previous years!
Mason Girls Fastpitch Softball League (U8-U12)
ELASC is a member of the Mason Girls Fastpitch Softball League. Mason organizes and schedules nearly 100 teams in divisions ranging from U8 to U12 in the mid-Michigan area. For more information on rules, guidelines, tournament information and other news about Michigan Fastpitch Softball, visit their website.
Delhi Township League (U14)
The U14 team(s) for the ELASC play in the Delhi Township League. Each team plays a 16 game schedule with a year-end tournament. Check with your coaches for schedule information.
Follow the East Lansing Trojans!
East Lansing High School softball is in action.
Keep up with ELASC alums as they play varsity or JV ball for the Trojans!
4255 Five Oaks Drive
Lansing, MI. 48911
Johnny Mac’s is the official supplier
of equipment and uniforms for the
East Lansing Amateur Softball Club.
VISIT US ON FACEBOOK!!
© Copyright 2017 ELASC. Permission is granted for the reproduction of all attached forms, templates, etc., for use in matters relating to ELASC activities.